Yesterday I was actually studying Ephesians 4 to do another blog and I made a discovery about the gifts mentioned that were given to the Body by Jesus. When the Apostle Paul wrote his letter to the church at Ephesus, he didn’t use religious titles or terminology to describe how the church leadership should operate:
- Apostle – Government position of Commissioner (Apostolos)
- Prophet – Arts/Entertainment term that is defined as a “Poet”(Prophetes)
- Evangelist – Media term that refers to someone bring news to a group of people or town, A.K.A. Herald (Euaggelistes)
- Pastor – Businessman whose dedication to his profession was a 24 hour affair (Poimen)
- Teacher – An educator or “doctor” of education (Didaskalos)
And if you factor in Ephesians 4:12-15 that these folks are to:
Equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may. . . become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants. . . Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow. . .
Then these are doing the work of a family all in the context of the religion. Which means that Paul covers all 7 mountains in 5 verses.
Why do I bring this up? Because the local church has made it a practice to not allow any of the other mountains in the kingdom to impact it at all where Paul, at least to me, is saying that when we bring Heaven to these mountains, we should not only let it impact the church, but the church body will be matured through their impact.